firstname.lastname@example.org / +49 157 58872545
Speaks English + German
- Quantitative + qualitative design research
- Market Research
- UX Design, Prototyping & Testing
Entrepreneurship, Process Creation
- JS/HTML/(S)CSS + Git + NPM + Photoshop
- Learning: React, Webpack, the JAMstack
- Some Python, Heroku, Processing
Co-Founder at Language Academy, August 2016 - now
- Bootstrapped a profitable business
- Identified & pursued opportunities in the space
- Taught & transferred skills, analyzed collaboratively
Product & Research:
- Qualitative & quantitative research (eg user interviews, competitor/comparator reviews, A/B tests, surveys)
- Designed + iterated a conversion focused website - achieved 10% visitor to subscriber conversion.
- Built brand identities
- Created templates for video & images
- Squarespace, Js, React, Gatsby, Firebase
- Email marketing automation with Mautic.
Design Researcher at Clue, October 2015 - August 2016:
Research & Analysis:
- Identified research needs for projects
- Qualitative research (eg user interviews, competitor/comparator reviews)
- Quantitative research (A/B tests, in-app surveys, beta users)
- Market Research with the CPO
- Worked on nearly all ongoing projects, across all stages
- Designed, built & iterated interactive prototypes
- Redesigned the support FAQ website (increased pageviews by +20%).
- Created and implemented (company-wide) processes: - collecting user feedback - utilizing support & their database as a research tool
- Worked in an agile set up
- Python + Heroku for a chatbot prototype
- Photoshop, Marvel, Localytics, MailChimp
Design Research for a Meditation Timer App, April 2015 - October 2015
- Investigated + evaluated opportunities
- Qualitative research (eg user Interviews, competitor comparator review)
Copy Editing at Clue, June 2014
- Edited the in-app language to make it empathetic, approachable and applicable
to all users.
Google Scholarship: Mobile Web Specialist, 2017 – 2018
- One of 1000 scholars hand selected by Google
Attended tech workshops/groups, October 2013 - 2015
- Furthered my experience in web development and UX design through - Rails Girls (Workshop + Group) - CSS + Js Workshops
Law School at Humboldt University Berlin, October 2013 - 2014
- Learned about academic processes, theories & principles of law
- Brainstormed ways to combine tech & law
- Decided I was more excited about tech
High School, 2002 - 2013
- Completed a special curriculum for high-achieving students.
- Graduated two years younger than national average.
Selected Side Projects
- yourtime.zone, a react based webapp which translates the time of an event into the visitor’s local time. Seen on Web Designer News, Product Hunt.
- Envisioning the Future of File Systems, an article on how tags & search should replace the file system, featured on TheTechBlock
- Tweet 280, a bookmarklet hack to tweet using longer tweets before twitter rolled out the feature. Seen in TechCrunch, Mashable, How To Geek